Creative Director & Owner
From creative development to directing to motion design and all levels of production and post in between, Matt is a true media Swiss-Army knife. His extensive knowledge of communication strategies and his award-winning skill set is a perfect combination for telling your story. Matt brings his unique perspective and years of experience with a vast array of clients to help you deliver engaging content.
Matt earned a M.A. in Film & Video from American University where his thesis film the The Bronze Door was screened at several film festivals and garnered numerous awards. He began freelancing as Producer/Motion Designer in 2007 for the United States Postal Service which eventually led him to a full-time position as a Senior Production Specialist at the American College of Cardiology.
Throughout, Matt continued his freelance business and in 2015, created Origin Story. His work has earned multiple CINE Golden Eagles, Tellys, and TIVA-DC Peer Awards.
Matt fun facts
- The name Nagy is Hungarian, meaning “big." He can trace his family roots in Hungary as far back as 1852
- Born in Allentown, PA, made famous by the Billy Joel song of the same name, released in 1982, the year of his birth
- His wife Katie is a Health Benefits Analyst at Segal Group
- Earned Eagle Scout in 1997, becoming the 6th extended family member to do so
- Favorite movie: Back To The Future
- A DeLorean Time Machine replica from Back to the Future was part of his wedding festivities
- He’s seen Huey Lewis & The News, his favorite band, in concert 6 times (find the pattern yet?)
- He has a collection of signed autographs from various Star Trek cast members
- Favorite vacation destination: Wilmington, NC
We're a small business, but that doesn't mean we don't do big things. Producing award-winning content requires collaboration with top media professionals and companies. Our strategic partnerships allow us to provide unparalleled service and flexibilty to our clients.